Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
When someone is dealing with a water damage in their home or business the restoration company they choose will determine not only the outcome of the damage, but also the length of the restoration process and any other possible issues that can arise. The longer an area remains wet, the higher the risk of mold growth. Dealing with any type of mold in a structure is a long and potentially costly process. It is of the upmost importance to have a restoration company that understands time is of the essence when dealing with any type of emergency cleanup, this is where SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario comes in.
Our SERVPRO of Northwest Ontario professionals have years of experience in cleaning and restoring homes and businesses after water damages. With our large range of equipment, from rapid air movers to dehumidifers, and along with the knowledge of our expert professionals, we can have a saturated home dry in no time at all. We offer 24-hour emergency services, and can be at your house within an hour.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (909) 984-3544
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.